|CAA Plus |
|Incident / Distance from the residence||+ 160 km||+ 160 km||160 - 499 km||500 km|
|Fire, theft, accident||$500*||$800*||$800||$1,500*|
*Maximum reimbursement per member family, per membership year. Amounts described in Canadian currency. Only travel in Canada and the United States is covered.
To be eligible:
- You must be over 160 km from your place of residence.
- The vehicle must be unusable. This coverage is available for cars, motorcycles and recreational vehicles. Snowmobiles and quads (ATVs) are not covered.
- Your claim must be forwarded to CAA-Quebec within 30 days of the incident. Invoices must be in the name of the member and all information on the company that provided the service must be included on them.
- You must be travelling to or from destination (not be already there).
- You may make a claim for accommodation and meals (if breakdown lasts more than 24 hours) or for transportation to get you to destination or back home.
- You may claim an amount up to the maximum for your membership category (maximum amount per member during the membership year).
Expenses due to vandalism, repair costs, spouse or travel companion's expenses (unless also a member), telephone expenses (long distance), transportation while awaiting repairs.
Procedure for requesting a reimbursement
1. Fill out the form. Trip Interruption Protection – Application for Reimbursement formPDF file – 75 KB
2. Assemble the required supporting documents:
- damage estimate or invoice for repairs;
- police report (if applicable).
3. Choose one of the three submission methods:
- Scan the supporting documents listed in step 2.
- Send your completed form along with the scans to email@example.com.
Fax the completed form and the required supporting documents to 1 800 787-6786 or 418 626-3159, to the attention of the Service des remboursements.
Mail the completed form and the supporting documents to the following address:
Service des remboursements
8000 Armand-Viau St., Suite 500
Quebec City, Quebec G2C 2E2