As a CAA-Quebec member, you can benefit free of charge from three mediation and conciliation programs. These programs protect you in case of a misunderstanding in the following situations:
- Purchase or lease of a new vehicle, or a repair: Corporation des concessionnaires automobiles du Québec (CCAQ) Conciliation and Mediation Program
- Purchase of a used vehicle: Agreement with the Association des marchands de véhicules d’occasion du Québec (AMVOQ)
- Application of an extended warranty: Groupe PPP Conciliation Program
To take advantage of these programs, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be a CAA-Quebec member in good standing at the time a dispute begins and at the time you submit your conciliation request to CAA-Quebec.
- You must not involve any other party in the matter. For example, a complaint cannot be submitted if a lawyer was hired to negotiate an agreement with an establishment.
- You must be the owner or lessee of the vehicle in question at the time the dispute begins, at the time you submit your conciliation request to CAA-Quebec, and throughout the handling of the dispute.
- You must be a private individual and not a merchant, and the vehicle must be used for personal or family purposes.
For more information on the conciliation and mediation programs, call CAA-Quebec’s Automotive Advisory Services:
- Quebec City: 418 624-0613
- Elsewhere in Quebec: 1 888 471-2424